Everybody's favourite -The Chocolate Chip Cookie
Updated: Jun 24
When my aunt send me a shot of her delicious freshly baked chocolate chip cookies , I had to bake a healthy alternative and have a bite too ...
So this is for all the mum's or dad's who would love to treat their little ones more often with the worlds favourite cookie! I prepared these with oats flour ,substituted eggs with flax seeds and used Dark chocolate chips.
160 gms of Oats flour
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
75 gms melted butter
45 gms of raw sugar or jaggery
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 egg or 1 tblsp of flaxseeds mixed in 3 tblspns of water
150 gms of dark chocolate chips
1. In a bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In another bowl mix the melted butter ,sugar and vanilla extract .
3.Add the egg or the flax seeds and mix well.
4. Now add the flour mixture to this bowl and make a dough.
5. Wrap it in clingwrap and refrigerate it for a minimum of 2 hours.
6. Take it out and leave it for 5-10 minutes before rolling it out. Preheat oven at 160 deg C .
7. Take small ball sized dough and roll it with a pin or use your hands to flatten them. I used both.
8. Line a baking tray and place the cookies on it . Bake for 10-15 minutes.