Quick and easy delicious Baingan Burani ;Garlic flavoured sautéed Aubergines and yoghurt ...with a t
An absolute favourite of mine ....my grandmother would prepare this often and I would take dollops of it asking for more !
Over the years I have developed some twists in the recipe because of our busy lives. Here is a quick and easy way to make this Afghani-origin dish :
Delicious Aubergine ...
1/2 Medium sized Aubergines/ brinjals
1/2 onion , sliced
11/2 tsp garlic paste
1 /2 cup beaten yoghurt
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
Cumin powder to sprinkle
Salt to taste
Oil to sauté
1.Cut thin rounds of the aubergine and then cut into half . Smear with garlic paste on one side.
2. Heat oil in a pan and sauté the aubergines both sides and place in a dish .
3. Sprinkle red chilli powder and salt .
4. Pour the yoghurt on top of the aubergines and sprinkle cumin powder.
5. Garnish with sautéed onions and coriander leaves .
6. Place it in the refrigerator to cool .