I have posted a brownie recipe earlier but couldn't resist this recipe when my dear friend Feryal sent it to me...I have been trying to cook with different grains and seek alternatives to flour and wheat for baking ...So when I received this recipe I had to try it . My daughter loves brownies and chocolate cake which just disappears at our home the moment its baked..
Almond flour ....is pure and simple , just made of blanched almonds. its grain free, gluten free and paleo friendly.
For all you Almond and chocolate lovers...here is the recipe...
5 tbsp melted unsalted butter
1 3/4 cups sugar or raw sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup cocoa powder, Dutch process or natural
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups Almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
Organic powdered sugar to sprinkle , optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg. F or 180 deg. C .Grease an 8 " square or rectangular pan or a 9 " round pan , which should be 2" deep.
2. In a medium sized bowl , stir together melted butter, sugar, salt, vanilla ,cocoa powder and eggs.
3. Then stir in the almond flour with the baking powder.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan , spreading it evenly .
5.Bake for about 33 minutes, until the top is set. Insert a toothpick and if it come our cleanly , the brownies are ready !
6. Remove from the oven and let it cool for another 15 minutes before cutting it into bite size pieces.
7. You may sieve the powdered sugar on them or serve them as it is.
8. Store at room temperature and Enjoy ...
Almond Flour: Bob's Red Mill , gluten free, contains 5 gms of carbohydrates per serving.