My aunts recipes are really delicious . I had showcased her on my guest blog . After a long and tiring day yesterday, I wanted to cook something easy and quick ..had some fresh Paneer lying in the fridge and I thought of her Paneer koftas . Her tomato gravy had khus khus and magaz (melon seeds ) which I did not have handy so I matched my tomato gravy to coat her koftas.
For the Kofta:
300 gms Paneer or Fresh Cottage Cheese
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1 no. green chili
Salt to taste
1 tsp Arrowroot powder for binding
A few sprigs of chopped coriander leaves
Oil for frying
For the Gravy :
1/2 tsp ground ginger and garlic
4-5 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp cooking cream
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp raw sugar
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp Oil
To prepare :
1. Mix all the ingredients for the kofta and make it into round balls. Make sure to dessed the green chilli and chop finely .Heat oil in a wok , and slide the round balls into the oil slowly . Cook till they all get any even brown colour . Keep aside and drain .
2. If there is left over oil in the wok , pour a little in a pan , add the ground ginger and garlic . When it starts to turn a bit brown ,add the tomato puree and let it cook till you can see the oil on the sides of the pan.
3. Add the turmeric powder , sugar and salt . Let it simmer on slow heat .
4. Add the cream and let it simmer again till the colour will change and it starts to thicken.
5. Add the garam masala . Mask the koftas with the gravy and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
6. Serve hot with rice or rotis .