Simple and Wholesome Garlic, Herbs and Sea Salt Foccacia
This recipe is for dough made in an automatic bread maker. I wanted to try out a simple Foccacia since we all love dunking it in Balsamic vinegar and olive oil so I experimented with mixed flours and the simplest of toppings ..of chopped garlic , herbs and sea salt.
100 gms Wholemeal strong bread flour
150 gms White strong bread flour
50 gms Malted bread flour
or you can use 300 gms of strong white bread flour
1 tblsp Olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried yeast
170 ml water
1. Place all the ingredients in the Automatic bread maker tub , starting with the flours .
2. Put it on Menu 28 (45 minutes)
3. Take out the dough and roll it into a 30 cm x 12 cm rectangle and poke it with your fingertips . Place it on a greased baking tray. Place chopped garlic, sea salt and herbs on it . See that its embedded well.
4. Leave it for proving for 20 min at 40 deg .
5. When the dough has risen a bit , then place it in a pre heated oven at 190 deg Celsius for 20-30 minutes.
6. Remove when golden brown at the edges and baked from the middle.
7. Dunk in Balsmic vinegar and olive oil ....and enjoy