Great for kiddies ! As my daughter terms it as a “Great breakfast muffin “!
This cake is a take on from Bobby Flays orange glazed vanilla cake .. have taken the goodness of the ingredients from his recipe and omitted the ones I am not too fond of .
Have used organic Jaggery instead as the sweetener and packed it with oats instead of refined flour . A great dessert to enjoy this winter .
4 tblsp unsalted melted butter
1 cup Greek yoghurt
1 cup organic Jaggery
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
11/2 cup oats flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Pre heat oven to 180 deg C .
Prepare a loaf pan with greased baking paper.
1. Sieve the flour , salt and baking powder together .
2. In another bowl , mix the rest of the ingredients very well using a hand blender .
3.Gradually add the flour mixture and keep blending .
4. Pour this mixture into the pan .
5. Place in oven for 35-40 min. Check with toothpick test when done .
6. Cool when you take out of the oven before slicing.
7. Tip: you may sprinkle chia seeds or sesame seeds before baking .