Wish upon a star ...
'Mmmmm... mama, I love Christmas cookies ...we should bake some this time ', wished my son as he bit into a cookie gifted to him. Always.... Always wanted to bake cookies ..I think the last time I did get down to baking cookies or biscuits was at my Hotel School kitchen! So I requested my dear friend who is a master baker, Feryal (will let you know when she starts her blog!) to give me an easy recipe to start with . And here it is ... It's Christmas ...bake as much as you can , bake for your loved ones and for yourself ...Wish upon a star ..and then there were more...
2.5 cup of Rolled oats
2 cups of All purpose flour
1 1/4 cups of raw sugar
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup canola or melted coconut or baking olive oil
2 large eggs
4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chip and 11/2 cups dried cranberries (optional)
1. Pre heat the oven to 350 deg F or 180 deg C.
2. Line a baking tray with baking or parchment paper
3.In a large bowl add the oats, flour,sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, salt ,oil and beat until the dough is moist and all the ingredients are combined well.
4. The dough will be crumbly . Add the chocolate chips and cranberries if you want at this point .
5. Using your hands clump together a tablespoon of dough and squeeze into a ball.
6.Add 1 tbsp of oil f the mixture is not holding .
7. Place these on the baking tray . Don't worry if they aren't crumbly , they will come together while baking .
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes. They should be brown the top but not too dark and firm but not soft . Let it cool for a few minutes. You may roll out your fondant and cut it in any shape to paste on to your cookie.
Enjoy your treat !