Eggless Chocolate Oats Cake
When you run out of eggs and your little one asks for a chocolate cake treat ...you substitute eggs with flaxseeds ..and make it healthier, adapted from one of Bobby Flay's recipes .
4 tblspn melted unsalted butter , cooled
11/2 cups of Oats flour
2 tsps baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 tblspn flaxseeds in 9 tblsp of water , this recipes calls for 3 eggs
1 cup jaggery or any sugar you chose to use
1 cup greek yoghurt
1/2 tspn vanilla extract
1/4 cup oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees farenheit. Line your baking tin and spray with cooking spray or grease it .
2.Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In another bowl, combine the flaxseeds, yoghurt , sugar or jaggery , vanilla , butter and oil and blend very well till the batter is smooth.
4. Mix in the flour gradually into the batter and blend again.
5. Transfer the batter to the baking tin and bake for 4 minutes or till the cake is completely cooked. You may test it with a knife or a toothpick.
6. Let it cool once it has baked and remove it from the pan.
7. You may sift icing sugar on it or eat it plain with your favourite topping..